Carmel Racquet Club in now OPEN!! We are adhering to the guidelines set up by our government officials and appreciate your support. We have considered numerous factors in reopening and are keeping the safety of our members and staff as our top priority. We ask everyone to be vigilant and adhere to the social distancing policies for public gatherings. We are asking all members to please wear face masks when in the lobby area and keep them on until you reach the tennis courts. We are also asking that you maintain the 6 ‘ social distance guideline at all times. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB IF YOU ARE SICK.
The Club and all courts are now open. Summer hours are in effect. We’re open seven days a week from 6:00 am – 9:00 pm.
The pool and workout facility is also open with numbers restrictions. The Nursery remains closed until mid-June.
Monday, June 15 – Summer Camps and Clinics begin (8 weeks session)
Please read carefully the safety guidelines below. We have set these guidelines to keep everyone safe while enjoying the facilities.
Protocols for players:
- Players should use their own hand sanitizer before and after play. We have provided sanitizer on the indoor courts and around the facility if needed.
- If you are on a pre-paid court, go directly to your assigned court to help us minimize the number of members in the lobby.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment and do not share racquets or water bottles.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Players should not change ends during play.
- Please remember your 6’ distance when playing doubles. No close proximity, strategy talks, high fives or chest bumps.
- Demo racquets will not be available for daily use. However, you can contact Jeff Eaton at the Club or by email at email@example.com to arrange a free demo rental of a racquet you are interested in purchasing.
- Towels will still be provided BUT we encourage members to bring their own towels to minimize the possibility of using the wrong towel.
Pro Shop Guidelines
- In the interest of maintaining an appropriate social distance, we will allow a maximum of 3 customers in the Pro Shop at a time. If you are a 4th customer, please wait outside the Pro Shop until someone leaves.
- Please be conscious of the 6’ social distance guidelines set out by the CDC when shopping in the Pro Shop.
- All sales are final at this time. No returns or exchanges. No exceptions.
- No unsupervised children under the age of 16 years will be permitted in the Pro Shop.
- Jeff Eaton will provide curb side service for racquet stringing drop off and pick-up. Please call Jeff at 317-844-1177 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Safety in the facility:
- CRC will not accept cash for payments until a later date. We are minimizing the exchange of money. Credit cards or house charges will be used.
- The lobby is a natural gathering place. Please no more than 2 people at the front desk at a time and maintain social distancing staying at least 6’ apart in the lobby area.
- The railing going down to the courts has been wrapped in caution tape to discourage touching.
- The water fountains have been temporarily turned off. The motion sensor bottler filler in the lobby will be available.
- All chairs and scorecards have been temporarily removed from the courts to avoid touching.
- Please use a tissue when pushing the buttons on the coffee or drink machines.
- We’ve removed some chairs from the lobby but please keep them at least 6’ apart.
Lessons, clinics and camps
- Clinics will have staggered starting times to avoid crowds in the lobby. After the first week, players are encouraged to stay in the car until time then go directly to your assigned court.
- Only the teaching pros should touch the tennis balls. Players can use the hoppers to retrieve balls but should use hand sanitizer before touching anything else.
- Maintain your 6’ social distancing while on the court.
- Junior class sizes have been reduced to minimize contact with other juniors.
Credits and refunds
Because of the Covid-19 shutdown, 10 weeks of our Spring session will be lost. Here’s how we’ll be making up for those lost weeks:
- All Memberships (excluding Sept. 1 expirations) will be extended by 2 months giving members a new expiration date. 1 expirations will be prorated to keep the Sept. 1 expiration.
- Club clinics will be credited to your house account.
- Start/Restart players that are not members will be contacted by Jenny Pickett to arrange a refund.
- Private Clinics will be credited to those that have paid for the spring session.
- CIWITL players will get a credit to their house account for missed practices.
- Seasonals will be credited toward next season’s seasonal court unless you are not returning for the 2020-21 season.
- Junior Competitive Programs will be credited to your house account.
- Purchased tennis walk-on-passes will be credited to your house account.
- Credits for Pickleball walk-on-passes will be held until used or a refund is requested.
All credits will show on your May Club statement that you will receive the first of June. If you are seeking a refund, we ask you wait until the first week of June when you receive your statement before contacting CRC for a refund check.
Please be aware of the many other signs and protocols around the Club in a continuing effort to keep everyone safe and enjoying the facility. We ask that you endure some of these inconveniences until we get through this challenging time. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again. Thanks for your patience.