Carmel Racquet Club member Dan Clark is one of three Hamilton county residents to receive the prestigious Community Pillar Awards from the Hamilton County Community Foundation. The other recipients are Scott Fadness and Lauren Guynn. The annual Community Pillar Awards honor individuals or corporations doing visionary work to solve pressing challenges, build opportunity and equity, and create a brighter future for Hamilton County residents. They will receive their awards November 7, 2019, at the Celebration of Philanthropy dinner.
Dan is a nine-year member of CRC where he plays tennis multiple times a week and has been on numerous USTA League teams. He is married to Ann Minnich (former CRC nursery care-giver and current front desk staff). They have two daughters—Kylie, a physical therapist in Colorado and Jenna, a mental health counselor in Minnesota. Dan has been in the education or workforce training for 47 years. He regards the Community Pillar Award as the most meaningful award he has received in his career because it is the best work he has done to give back to a community.
On behalf of Ivy Tech Community College, Dan Clark will receive the award for inclusive economic growth through transformative partnerships between local not-for-profits and the Hamilton County Ivy Tech campus.
The Ivy Tech-Hamilton County Campus has established partnerships to provide education and training programs for all residents, including:
- High school career-and-technical education, with Hamilton County High Schools.
- College transfer and technical education certificates and degrees.
- Adult Basic Education, with the Hinds Career Center.
- Excel Center Adult High School, with Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc.
- WorkOne, with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development.
Ivy Tech-Hamilton County also partners with many community organizations to expand services and programs, including
- Hamilton County Harvest Food Bank.
- Noblesville Fuel for School Weekend Meals Program.
- Youth Assistance Summer Food Program.
- Gleaner’s Food Bank.
- Salvation Army Christmas Gift Distribution.
- Noblesville Parks & Recreation Department sports, exercise, and performing arts programs.